Thank you Shefali for nominating me for this award. Seems to be the season of awards. Do hop by Shefali’s blog. Like me, I’m sure you too will enjoy reading her posts.
As always, lets begin with the rules:
Nominate up to 11 other bloggers yourself (preferably those with fewer than 500 followers, this is more of a newbie award)
Provide those bloggers with 11 questions of your own for them to answer
Don’t forget to put the Liebster Award sticker on your blog!
Shefali had come up with some interesting set of questions. So here they go…..
1) Do you believe in God and rebirth?
Though I am not a very religious person., I am a staunch believer in God and the cycle of Karma. God according to me is a power and energy who takes the form of our imagination and creation. Like a beacon of light, he guides us, lifts us up during the troubled times, unconditionally loves all his children and shows us beauty in all his creations.We all are playing our roles in the cycle of karma. Each soul, according to it’s deeds, keeps taking birth to satiate it’s desire and experience certain events according to it’s karma.
2) If you could define yourself in one word, then what would it be?
I have always been a methodical, orderly and disciplined person. But somewhere down the line, I have learnt that being imperfect, quirky or having that slight streak of insanity is beautiful too. I am gradually trying to break out of my mould of perfection. 😉
3) What was your favourite cartoon character?
I grew up watching cartoons like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Chipmunks and Tom & Jerry. My favourite is undoubtedly Jerry of the series Tom & Jerry. He is so quick witted, and smart, making us laugh our heart out with his antics. I simply find him so adorable.:-)
4) Which is your dream destination that you want to visit?
Each part of the world is so beautiful, endowed with splendour unique to itself. I would love to travel the world and carry the beautiful memories with me, for ever!
5) What is that one thing that you are sacred of?
The creepy and crawlies have always managed to scare the hell out of me. I have dedicated a post to this fear of mine. Click here to read it.I completely freeze when I spot them.
6) What is your favourite song?
Again, it is difficult to choose one favourite. Any music which is soaked in melody is what I enjoy the most. Hindi, English, Classical or any genre is fine. Music with melody relaxes and rejuvenates me.
7) What is your favourite moment?
“Now” is my favourite moment. This is something I have learnt from my husband. He always tells me “Don’t hold on to the past and don’t worry too much about the future. Enjoy your present”. That is what I am learning to do……….enjoying the “ now”!
8) What annoys you the most?
Hypocrisy, callous behaviour and littering, annoy me the most.
9) What motivates you to write?
Writing is something I enjoy. Since my writing is mostly a reflection of my thoughts, anything that strikes a chord within me or a pain that I feel, finds an outlet through my pen. The genuine feedback of the readers too motivates me to write.
10) As far as traditions are concerned, what tradition do you think should continue for a long time?
With the passage of time, traditions change and should never be forced on people to follow. But if I had to choose one that should have continued, I feel it should be the joint family system. Joint families always fostered love and camaraderie among the members. Helping out one another, bonding, managing the kitchen, all came naturally to them. With nuclear families now being the norm, man has become selfish and self-centered. Many kids grow up not understanding the values of sharing and accommodating, which reflect to a large extent in their adult life too.
11) Given the power to become a country or world leader, what are the first 3 things you would do?
The world we live in today is laden with problems and issues to be dealt with.
The top three issues that I would like to work on would be:
- Eradication of poverty and there by hunger.
- Saving our planet from the fangs of global warming and doing all it takes to preserve.
- Fostering a culture that brings focus on:
- positives, than the negatives,
- love ,than on hatred,
- growth, than on competition,
- humanity, than on religion and
- peace than on war.
I genuinely feel if our roots are strong, we will not be carried away by negative external stimuli and influence. Then we go on to build a better world with a healthy mind.
I enjoyed answering your questions Shefali !!
My set of questions are:
- If you were granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?
- The one person who has had a strong influence on your personality……who and how?
- What is the best compliment you have received so far?
- Have you experienced/seen any miracle happen to you or your friend?
- Your funniest childhood memory.
- A movie which you enjoyed the most…..why?
- How do you want your family and friends to remember you?
- Describe your perfect day.
- If you could travel in time, would you go to the past or future? Why?
- If you could go on a dinner date with a celebrity, who would it be and what would you ask him/her?
- Name some positive qualities in yourself that you are proud of.
And my nominees are:
- Kumar Harsh
Will be delighted if you accept the nomination. If not, I understand !!