Bulbul’s twenty word tale : Story
I have written 4, twenty word tales. Each can be read as an individual tale or together as one.
- The pandemic scripted a sad story in the book of life. All are eagerly awaiting the end of this chapter.
2. Emotions ruled the roost of lock-down stories. Some people scripted success stories, while others had a sad ending. Life goes on…
3. Confined within the four walls of home, I sought solace in writing to avoid the constant disagreements brewing between us.
4. They knocked on my head, I opened my heart and words flowed. Never imagined to be a best-selling author.
She refused to paint the scribbled wall. “I love you Mom” stared back at her. She missed her little daughter!
Akansha’s twenty word tale prompt #31 : Colours
AK was known for rebellious temperament, who always enjoyed swimming against the tide.
Against everyone’s advice, he invested a huge sum of money in an extravagant commercial Bollywood movie, with only a male cast.
Would his gamble pay off?
Sonya’s Three line tale #266
Reena’s exploration challenge #175 : write a story/anecdote/non-fiction piece which does not involve a woman.
The city woke up to a strange sight one morning. A yellow lopsided house, popped up in the middle of the park. The media and people thronged the site to witness this unusual structure.
Breaking News bombarded the channels worldwide. Though the house was dark, the windows and door closed, strange sounds could be heard from within. A wave of panic gripped the city.
“Experts from various fields have come in to assess and understand this bizarre structure.
What is this? After Covid 19, now what is the world going to be gripped by?” Blared the news reporter into the camera.
We’ll keep you updated after this short break. Please stay tuned!
Sadje’s WDYS #70
V’ J’s weekly challenge : Wave
3 twenty word stories in response to Bulbul’s TWT prompt : Poison
1. A seed of doubt sprout in her mind, concocting baseless stories. Self-poisoning led to the death of their beautiful relationship.
2. Few religious fanatics with ulterior motives, poison gullible young minds with the promise of heaven, tearing apart the nation’s soul.
3. Callous attitude, selfish motive, reckless dumping of plastic. Aren’t we slow poisoning our planet and digging our own grave?
Bulbul’s 20 word story : Craft
Experiencing empty nest syndrome, Maya spent hours in her children’s bedroom, feeling their presence in their craft books and albums.
She rubbished warnings about the mystical fields being haunted. Tonight she decided to go there to find out for herself…
Akansha’s twenty word story : ghost
Eugi’s weekly prompt : mystical
Shweta’s 6 word story : Free. Put together a few tales. Hope you like them.
Hooked to phone – free time vanishes!
Breakup did not free the memories.
Divorce, freed her from abusive relationship.
Her free verses captured many hearts.
Tiny joys of life – Absolutely free!
Break free, from stereotype societal molds.
Free of thoughts, she experienced bliss.
Tuesday 20 word story prompt: Rejuvenation
Celebrating the silver jubilee reunion, sitting in their classrooms, indulging in nostalgic memories, a spirit of euphoric rejuvenation enveloped them.
What rejuvenates you? Do share! Have a lovely Sunday!!
In response to Shweta’s 6 word story prompt #56 : Water
They can be read as individual stories or together as one. A grim tale with a strong message.
Wealth futile, if there’s no water.
Year 2050 – water most expensive resource.
Water wars…coming soon…trailers out.
My worst nightmare – an arid earth.
Each drop an elixir – save water.